January 23, 2010

Pillars of Success: People and Providence

My wife does a really cool "Flashback Friday" feature every week on her Connecting to Today blog. This week, her post focused on a picture of me at my law school graduation, back in 1987, standing before my father, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, grandfather, and aunt. In the reflection of almost 23 years, the image speaks so eloquently of the investment each of these folks poured into my life, and the hopeful anticipation we all shared for my future as a lawyer.

For me (and I hope for them), it's been an amazing ride, taking me places I would never have expected or even imagined as I stood there in the presence of my beloved elders on graduation day.

As the picture reminds me, none of us make it in law on our own. Our success is the product of God's providence and the support of all those who help us along the journey, in ways big and small.

Who are the people who've helped you succeed in your legal career?

2 comments:

  1. We perceived the requirement for individuals to have a protected, secure, basic and quick method for getting payday credits of little measures of cash without the issues. personal cash advance san diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read this publication on this blog. As far as I can see, this is a very basic question for everyone indeed. Its my personal opinion and I am completely agreed with the subject used here Bankruptcy Attorney

    ReplyDelete